Friday, February 25, 2011

Angry Birds


Ankur got me an ipod touch on my birthday. I have never had much experience with ipod except for the nano which I got as a gift from Anish. It barely stayed with me for a few days and was taken away by its rightful owner- the gift-giver, if I may say.

This time I got the fancy, shiny 4g ipod touch with face time and all that jazz.

First thing I do when I get it- put Angry Birds on it. Angry Birds is a game quite like Pocket Tanks only it’s sillier.

When you look at the birds they appear angry with their knitted brows. Here’s why I call the game silly-  
 
Characters of the game- angry legless and wingless birds (wingless!?!?) and fat grunting green pigs

Objective of the game- to kill the pigs

How- launch birds off a slingshot at the pigs stationed in various structures

I get it till this point. Now comes the silly bit.

Why are the birds angry- because the pigs stole their eggs!!

Why are the birds wingless- no clue but that’s the reason these angry little intelligent creatures fashioned a slingshot to kill the pigs.

How do the birds kill pigs- after being launched like a projectile at the pig stations the birds explode (!!) and the explosion kills the pigs. And these birds are soo angry and eager to retrieve their eggs that before first bird explodes to death another one is jumping up and down waiting on the slingshot.

What powers do these angry birds and evil green pigs have- a blue bird can divide itself into three smaller birds while it’s airborne, another has the ability to lay explosive eggs! Pigs o the other hand wear helmets for protection!

I ask myself- is it not ridiculous. YES IT IS!!

But it’s addictive. So much so that yesterday while I was on the cross trainer I saw a bird sitting on the beam and I found myself wondering if the bird is angry because some pig stole its eggs… :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment