Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shadi account

Ankur and I were all set to leave from Bombay but we got to know our flight was over four hours late because of which we missed our connecting bus. We reached Bikaner at 4 in the evening when we were supposed to be there by 4 am. 12 hours late already.
Because we got late I didn't any time to put on mehendi. :'(((

Saw Alka Di and Aman Di's sons second time. Became good friends with them. At one time Alka di called out for me- Sonal, idhar aana at which little Yuvi snapped.. Mummy, Sonal Maasi bolo. Cute.


Bus ride to Kota- O MY GOD! It was the most bumpy ride ever. I took the sleeper seat first thinking I'll catch up on my sleep but had to come down because I was being tossed like a football every few seconds. I tried to sleep while sitting but on one big bump I fell off and wedged myself between the seats and the floor. Slept like that for some time. Between Kamla Buaji's consistent urges to stop the bus on each bump and Dad's jokes on the situation and Bhaiya's constant leg pulling on how-much-we-are-suffering-to-get-your-dulhaniya the trip became hilarious and memorable.

Kota- Lots of dancing, lots of food, lots of fun, another sleepless night and Bhaiya got her bride and in no time we were back in the bus to Bikaner.

Karni Mata ka Mandir- aka rat temple, 30 kms before Bikaner. The newly weds were required to take blessings and I being a good sister and sister-in-law tagged along with them. Between Bhaiya screaming Mummeeee... Mummeeee... and Bhabhi screaming Gillu... Gillu... the visit became all the more fun. No one would have ever seen so many rats at one time. This picture is just one spot. There were hundreds of rats in the temple.

Back in Bikaner. More dancing, more food, more fun. At the reception Badi Maa, Bade Papa, Dad, Mom, Buajis, Fufaji were all dancing. Even Maa danced and I was happy seeing them happy so much that a tear rolled down my cheek. They looked content but old and tired. Why do parents have to grow old.
 
And now time to go back to Bombay.


5 days and Bombay-Jaipur-Bikaner-Kota-Bikaner-Jaipur-Bombay- lots of traveling, it's my turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment